Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Looking for Indiepreneur Sherpas

From Flickr User El Frito
Whenever I’ve approached a new endeavor (library school, a management course, entrepreneurship), I’ve always found it helpful to find a mentor. Some of these have been informal, such as the awesome Journalism Librarian at UF or a friend who runs her own magazine in North Central Florida. I find these personal Sherpas crucial for guidance, confidence, and let’s face it, imitation. I enjoy finding inspiration from other successful entrepreneurs such as Tim Ferriss, Seth Godin, and Bethenny Frankel.

I’m hoping to connect local business newbies to seasoned business Sherpas. Are you interested in connecting with a mentor? Are you a local indiepreneur with a few years of success under your belt? Please email me at informationslinger@gmail.com.
 
What do you look for in a mentoring relationship? Know that your first attempt may not always be the best fit. Check out Inc. Magazine's tips for finding a great mentor.
More on this to come!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment